The Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) coordinates the university's response to reports of sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking when those reports involve members of or visitors to the university community. Informed by current federal guidance, the (OIE) aims to ensure university responses promptly and effectively stop problem behavior, prevent its recurrence, and remedy its effects. The office:
- Provides a central place to report an incident
- Provides expert advice about university policies and procedures
- Provides referrals to campus and community confidential resources and victim advocates
- Facilitates accommodations to address safety concerns and support victims or complainants so academic and professional pursuits may continue unimpeded
- Coordinates the university's response by working with victims or complainants to ensure their wishes are understood and inform the process
- and more...